In addition to campaign emails, you can schedule custom actions like an SMS nudge on Day X (for example, Day 15) of your campaign.
This will require you to complete setup based on whatever SMS tool you currently use; Churn Buster sends the webhook and you send the SMS.
Set up a webhook trigger in Zapier
Follow steps 1 through 11 in this article to create a new zap in Zapier with a webhook trigger.
- For subsequent steps (12 and on), see below.
Trigger an action with your SMS tool
Set up additional actions in the zap you created earlier to trigger the SMS in whatever app you use.
The webhook trigger you set up earlier draws in several properties for your customers — like email address and first name (for ReCharge accounts) or customer ID — that can be included in the SMS text.
Create a simple SMS prompting your customers to update their card. We recommend NOT including the capture page URL in the message for security reasons.
Sample SMS text
Add the action to your campaign schedule
- Go to your campaign schedule in Churn Buster
- Click “Edit” in the upper right
- Scroll down to the Actions section and click “Add” next to your webhook. (This will move the webhook up into the Campaign section)
- Input the day you want the action to run
- Scroll to the top and click “Save”
- Your webhook action is now scheduled to run on Day X of each campaign